Qualifications of a Deacon
Based on the qualifications outlined in Acts 6 and 1 Timothy 3, deacons serve Christ by serving the church itself. Among other responsibilities, the men who hold this distinction at First Dallas meet each month and assist in serving The Lord’s Supper.
Men to be considered to the Fellowship of Deacons at First Baptist Church, Dallas:
1. Shall be a member of the church in good standing
2. Shall be at least 30 years of age
3. Shall be Spirit-filled
4. Shall set a high standard of Christian living
5. Shall be active and faithful in all major areas of church life
6. Shall not be one to gossip
7. Shall believe and practice tithing to the local church
8. Shall have compassion for the lost and seek to win them to the Lord, Jesus Christ
9. Shall be the husband of one wife
10. Shall believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, inerrant and infallible in its original manuscript
11. Shall believe in salvation by grace, through faith, on the basis of the substitutionary death of Christ for sinners
12. Shall rule his children and his own house well
13. Shall be able to keep in confidence those things which should not be discussed with others
14. Shall recognize the God-given spiritual leadership that is incumbent upon the office of a pastor and seek to serve under that leadership
15. Shall be a man of prayer
2021 Deacon Meeting Dates
Sep. 21 Oct. 19 Nov. 16 Dec. 14
Lord’s Supper Dates
September 6, “Labor Day Sunday"
November “Thanksgiving Meal"
December 24, “Christmas Eve Candlelight Service"