Healthy marriages don't just happen by accident. They are the product of intentional actions and disciplines that are repeated over a long period of time. Does your marrage need encouragement? Does it need a little TLC? The list below contains 5 easy steps you can take NOW to take your marriage from a 5 to a 10?
5 Ways to Take Your Marriage From a 5 to a 10
1) Keep Christ First – Keeping Christ at the center of your lives, both individually and as a couple, is the key to having and maintaining a great marriage. This practice is what allows us to demonstrate love, care, patience self-control in our marriage. (Galatians 5:22)
2) Focus on Your Circle - Work on everything inside your own circle (Matthew 7:3-5). Most of us are really good at finding mistakes in others, especially our spouse! As we focus on the faults of others, we are missing the opportunity to work on ourselves. Ask God to help change you before asking Him to change others.
3) Stay Committed - "Till death do us part." Remember, you are two, imperfect people coming together in a holy covenant before God (Matthew 19:4-6). This means staying together and staying committed…no matter what!
4) Confess & Forgive - Healing and hope come from confessing your challenges and struggles to God, your spouse, and others (1 John 1: 9). If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
5) Stay in Community - All marriages, good or bad, benefit from connecting with other couples for fellowship, encouragement, enrichment, training, and accountability (Galatians 6: 6-10). First Baptist Dallas offers several ways for you to experience community with other married couples.
We know marriage is God's idea, and we want to help your marriage thrive. Here is a list of Marriage Enrichment Opportunities available to First Baptist Dallas:
- Sunday School: weekly bible study environments for Young Married Adults (ages 20-45)
- Nearly Wed Seminar: marriage preparation course for seriously dating or engaged couples (this class is seasonal)
- Re-Engage: 20-week, small-group based marriage enrichment course
- Marriage Mentoring: after completing a Relationship Assessment ($35), couples will meet one-on-one with certified Marriage Mentors to review their assessment results.
- Marriage Enrichment Events and Activities: Events include monthly Parents Night Out with affordable childcare
PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING SERVICES
First Baptist Dallas provides professional, biblical Marriage and Family Counseling Services through it's Pathway's Counseling Center.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 214.969.2456.