Healthy Marriages don't just happen by accident. They are the product of intentional actions and disciplines that are repeated over a long period of time.
The Bible tells us in Genesis 2:24 that marriage was God's idea. Marriage is even used as the example of the relationship between Christ and His bride, The Church. Because God places such high value on marriage, equiping and empowering Healthy Marriages is a priority at First Baptist Dallas!
Does your marrage need encouragement? Does it need a little TLC? The list below contains 5 easy steps you can take NOW to take your marriage from a 5 to a 10?
5 Ways to Take Your Marriage From a 5 to a 10
1) Keep Christ First – Keeping Christ at the center of your lives, both individually and as a couple, is the key to having and maintaining a great marriage. This practice is what allows us to demonstrate love, care, patience self-control in our marriage. (Galatians 5:22)
2) Focus on Your Circle - Work on everything inside your own circle (Matthew 7:3-5). Most of us are really good at finding mistakes in others, especially our spouse! As we focus on the faults of others, we are missing the opportunity to work on ourselves. Ask God to help change you before asking Him to change others.
3) Stay Committed - "Till death do us part". Remember, you are two, imperfect people coming together in a Holy Covenant before God. (Matthew 19:4-6) This means staying together and staying committed…not matter what!
4) Confess & Forgive - Healing and hope come from confessing your challenges and struggles to God, your spouse and others. (1 John 1: 9) If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
5) Stay in Community - All marriages - good or bad - benefit from connecting with other couples for fellowship, encouragement, enrichment, training, and accountability (Galatians 6: 6-10). From Sunday School and the Nearly Wed Seminar (Prep for Marriage), to Re-Engage and Marriage Enrichment Events and Activities, First Baptist Dallas offers several ways for you to experience community with other married couples.
PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING SERVICES
First Baptist Dallas provides professional, biblical Marriage and Family Counseling Services through it's Pathway's Counseling Center.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call (214) 969-2456.