The first Bible did not drop down to earth from Heaven. Instead, God inspired men to write it (2 Tim. 3:16) over a period of 1,600+ years. How did this happen? Who decided it would be 66 books? Should we read books that did not make the cut? How accurate are the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts? What is inerrancy? Why was it so hard to get the Bible translated into English? What are the best Bible translations today? What are the worst ones? We will find answers to these questions and more as we study the inspiration, transmission, and translation of the Bible.
- Jan. 10 - The Bible into English through Persecution, Plague, & Mishap
- Jan. 17 - The Incomparable Miracle of Biblical Inspiration
- Jan. 24 - Choosing the Canons: A Bookapalooza?
- Jan. 31 - Wicked Wannabes – Doubting the Gospel of Thomas
- Feb. 7 - No DU tonight (the really big football game)
- Feb. 14 - Your Own Bible: What’s Inspired and What’s Not
- Feb. 21 - Bible Translations: Divine or Devilish?
- Feb. 28 - The Challenges of Bible Translation
- Mar. 7 – No DU tonight (Spring Break)
- Mar. 14 - Faceoff: KJV vs. NASB vs. ESV vs. CSB vs. NIV
Meeting ID: 924 0904 3344
Dial in by phone: 346 248 7799