Special Guests: O.S. Hawkins
WHAT REVIVAL IS:
“Revival does not mean scheduled meetings or organized mass evangelization or emotional extravaganzas, but is ‘an extraordinary movement of the Holy Spirit producing extraordinary results.’”
– Richard Owen Roberts
1. Revival is not our work, but God’s. He picks the time and the place for the movement of His Spirit among His people.
2. God puts a longing in His people to pray for revival when they have a deep desire for spiritual and moral renewal. God will respond to the sincere prayers of His people.
3. Revival brings a deep conviction of sin and a sincere desire to know Christ. The preaching and teaching of the Word in truth is an essential element.
4. When God is ready to move His people to revival, His Holy Spirit will lead us to a spiritual depth we cannot achieve on our own.
5. Revival brings repentance—a great turning back to God by believers and a turning to God by non-believers.
6. Revival brings lasting spiritual growth and fruit for the Kingdom of God.
7. Since only God can bring revival, God alone must receive all the praise, honor, and glory.
REVIVAL AT FIRST BAPTIST DALLAS
With God’s help, our desire for the Old Fashioned Revival in August is:
• PRAYER—lay men and women throughout the church will commit to pray in expectation of true revival.
Ephesians 6:18-19, Psalm 63:1
• THAT GOD WILL MOVE—God will move in response to the sincere prayers of our people, both individually and collectively.
2 Chronicles 7:14, Psalm 85:6
• SUCCESSFUL SERVICES—the revival services themselves will be well-attended and that the Spirit of God will be clearly present.
John 4:24, Psalm 122:1
• SALVATIONS—our people will invite others to revival services—especially unsaved people—and that many will accept Christ for the first time.
Acts 3:19-20, Acts 2:21, Acts 16:31
• SPIRITUAL GROWTH—the results of revival will continue and be clearly demonstrated in the spiritual growth and commitment of First Baptist Dallas people of all ages. Colossians 1:10, 1 Thessalonians