The outdoors: fresh air, piney woods, escape. THE GETAWAY is the Single Adults Retreat at Allaso Ranch in Hawkins, Texas. It is one of the highlights of the year as we detach from city life and enjoy a time of connection and renewal. It's not hard to enjoy a weekend of horseback riding, zip line, high ropes, canoes, kayaks, frisbee golf, campside fire, and more. Register today for the November 5-7 retreat!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who is THE GETAWAY Retreat for?
- It is for single adults and for college students in the DFW area.
- You do not need to be a First Baptist Dallas member to attend.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of the entire weekend is $80 for singles and $30 for college students.
- This cost covers all weekend activities, two nights, four meals, and more.
What can I expect after I register?
- Using the email you used for registration, you will receive a confirmation of payment message from us.
- You will also receive an email the week prior to THE GETAWAY with additional retreat information.
- If you have any questions, you can contact Emily at email@example.com.
What if I don’t know anyone else who is going?
- You're in good company. The retreat is a great opportunity to meet and connect with new and friendly people. Most of the time, we will be together in groups and by the end of the weekend, you will know many new, great people.
Can I choose my roommates?
- No – cabin assignment will be assigned by our leadership team (guys with guys, and girls with girls), but feel free to carpool with them!
- If you are bringing a first-time guest, special consideration will be made by our leadership team (we’ll do our best to accommodate).
- You will also have tons of time to hang out with your friends during the retreat.
Can I invite my friends who do not attend First Dallas to attend the retreat?
- Absolutely! You do not have to be a member of First Dallas to attend.
- Remember to spread the word about THE GETAWAY.
How do I get there?
- You can carpool with your friends or drive separately.
- You are responsible for your own transportation to and from Allaso Ranch.
What should I pack?
- Small carry-on luggage or bag.
- Personal bedding: pillow, sleeping bag, or single bed sheets/blankets
- Bible, pen, journal
- Light jacket or sweatshirt (depending on weather)
- Jeans, t-shirts
- Walking shoes, socks
- Personal toiletries & hygiene products.
- Flashlight (optional)
- Spending money (optional)
If you have any other questions, contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.