There is a renewed interest in angels and demons today. Do angels and demons impact your life? Yes, probably more than you realize. We will examine what the Bible says about both of these supernatural beings. We will answer such questions as: Do angels really protect us? What are some modern-day examples of this? What is the proper Christian attitude toward angels? Can demons possess us? Can they oppress us? How do we resist them as well as deal with the damage demons do? We will also examine related supernatural/unexplained phenomena, such as ghosts, hauntings, UFOs, extraterrestrial aliens, and other sensational speculations. We will answer such questions as: Are there good and bad ghosts? Can a house really be haunted? Does ectoplasm make you spasm? Should you LOL at UFOs ASAP? What does the Bible say about extraterrestrial aliens?
• Jan. 12—The 411 on Angels
• Jan. 19—Dealing with Angels
• Jan. 26—The 911 on Demons
• Feb. 2—No DU (The Really Big Football Game is that night)
• Feb. 9—Dealing with Demons
• Feb. 16—Ghost Boos and Haunting Hullabaloos
• Feb. 23—UFOs and Aliens: A Biblical Response
• Mar. 1—The Strange & Unexplained: A Biblical Response
Dr. Jim Wicker grew up in our church. He is Professor of New Testament at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He was a pastor in North Texas for 19 years prior to teaching at seminary. He is a deacon in our church, teaches the Wicker Sunday School class, and teaches “Matthew’s Marvelous Messianic Prophecies” in the Wednesday Night Bible Study in Truett Chapel.