Nothing will be impossible with God.
The 2006 movie “Facing The Giants” tells the compelling story of Grant Taylor, a high school football coach who was in a literal no-win situation–in his six years as head coach of the Shiloh Christian Academy Eagles, he had never led his team to a winning season. But that was not the only problem Coach Taylor was facing. His house and his car were falling apart. He and his wife, Brooke, were not able to get pregnant. And to make matters worse, a group of his players’ fathers began organizing to have him dismissed as head coach.
Devastated by his circumstances and seeing no way out of his situation, Coach Taylor cried out to God in desperation. The rest of the movie reveals how Coach Taylor, his wife, and the Shiloh Eagles football team were challenged to believe in God for the impossible–both on and off the football field.
Like Coach Taylor, perhaps you are facing an impossible situation right now. The details of your story may be different, but your feeling of hopelessness is the same:
- Maybe you have received a doctor’s report, and the prognosis is dire for you or your loved one.
- Perhaps the pile of bills on your desk is as high as the stack of collection agency letters, and bankruptcy seems like the only answer.
- Maybe you are experiencing difficulty in your marriage, and divorce appears to be the only option.
- Perhaps your child is living in rebellion, and though you have pleaded with God, nothing has changed.
- Or you got the dreaded call from HR–and suddenly you are handed a pink slip, have no job prospects, and are too old to start another career.
Whatever problem you are facing, you feel like your back is against the wall and you cannot see any way out. You are stuck–unless God miraculously intervenes.
If you find yourself in a situation like this, then take heart! God has not abandoned you. In fact, you are exactly where God wants you to be. As the angel Gabriel said to Mary, who had just received news of an impossible situation, “Nothing will be impossible with God” (Luke 1:37).
Today’s devotion is excerpted from “Seizing Your Red Sea Moment” by Dr. Robert Jeffress, 2005.
“Facing The Giants,” copyright 2006, Samuel Goldwyn Films, www.facingthegiants.com.
Scripture quotations are taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.