Donor Bill of Rights
It is imperative that the biblical principle of stewardship merits the respect and trust of the church body and the general public. First Baptist Dallas believes that donors and prospective donors should have full confidence in the Church’s stewardship of their funds and we declare that Donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the church’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the church’s most recent audited financial statements.
- To be assured that their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given, unless due to a conflict of interest or unreasonable purpose. FBD retains the right to deny or re-designate any gifts as a result of conflict of interest or the unreasonableness of the stipulation.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the church or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that church ministries and related entities may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.