In order to continue reaching others for Christ, we must grow. Currently, our Horner Family Center boasts over 98,500 square feet of educational space and is home to nearly one thousand children and students on average every Sunday. With the addition of two floors, which will be constructed on top of the Horner Family Center Garage and extend to cover a portion of the existing education space, we will be able to house our bed babies through college students and create a new home for our young parents with their children under one roof.
This expansion will provide an additional 80,500 square feet of educational space, nearly doubling the size of the existing Horner Family Center and providing the room we need for the families the Lord will bring to join First Dallas in the days and years ahead. These two floors represent an investment that will yield a return and reward for all eternity.
- An open monumental staircase will extend from the level 6 lobby directly to level 7, connecting children and parents.
- Windows throughout the floor will allow natural lighting, a bright space, and beautiful views of the campus, including the cross and the crown!
- Teachers and volunteers will have access to a large, centrally located resource room.
- A secure lobby area with check-in kiosks will speed up the process for parents and provide safety and security for children on the floor.
- Additional elevators will enhance our movement throughout the building.
- With the addition of classrooms and two additional large group spaces, we will be able to reach hundreds of more children and families for Jesus Christ through Sunday School and our weekday and summer programs.
- A new age-appropriate playground covering nearly 800 square feet will provide a place to have fun and build friendships.
- The new floor will also open up additional space for our youngest children on lower floors as our 2nd-4th graders move to level 6.
- Level 6 will provide another floor or space for our booming children’s ministry. With nearly 38,000 square feet of additional programmable space, we will now have all of our children in one building and room for growth in every age group.
- Our 2nd-4th and 5th-6th grade age groups will each have their own classrooms and auditoriums with appropriate media and elements for learning and interaction. The 5th -6th grade auditorium will include games and room for fun activities.
- Over 2,300 square feet of classroom space will be specifically designated for children with special needs, enabling us to better meet the needs of each child. We are committed to caring for our families who have children with special needs and want to provide a vibrant space for the child and a stress-free partnership for the parent while they are in class and worship.
- The sensory room will be designed specifically for our special needs children who become overwhelmed in the typical developing classroom and need to take a break and reset. This is a calm environment with sensory activities intended to soothe and comfort children.
- An elevator and secure entrance on the northeast side of the building near the special needs classes will also allow easier access for families and children who will benefit from these new facilities.
- Comfortable seating areas and meeting spaces will create opportunities for small groups, Bible studies, and friends to gather and enjoy Sunday morning coffee.
- By moving our Young Married Adults from the Criswell Center, we will also unlock additional quality classroom space for our Median and Senior Adults.
- Around the floor, windows and ample seating areas will create inviting atmospheres to cultivate community with natural lighting and beautiful views of our campus.
- College students will enjoy their own space with an auditorium, gathering area, and community seating on the north side of the floor.
- Additional elevators will enhance traffic flow and ease of movement.
- A centrally-located, open-air kitchenette will create space for a coffee bar, a gathering area, Sunday breakfasts, classroom fellowships, potluck lunches, and more.
- Classrooms of varying sizes will meet the needs of our growing ministry and create even more opportunities to reach more people with the gospel!
The monumental staircase connecting level 6 to 7 will provide easy access to Sunday School classes after taking children to their classes
Guests and members will enter into a large lobby area of over 5,000 square feet, which will serve as a hub for fellowship and can also be used as a venue for special events.
- Level 7 will provide us with over 38,000 square feet of additional programmable space, allowing us to move our Young Married Adults from the Criswell Center and our College Ministry from Spurgeon Harris
- And allow parents to be under one roof with their children