Is the Shroud of Turin actually Jesus’ burial cloth? What is The Holy Grail, and has it been found? Did Constantine’s mother find Jesus’ true cross and the soldier’s spear that pierced Him? Where, oh where, are Noah’s Ark, the Ark of the Covenant, and the Apostles’ bones? How do relics differ from artifacts? Can they prove Christianity? What about the alleged miracles associated with relics? Knowing the answers will help you be a better witness for Christ. In this new study, we will compare and contrast what the Bible says with the latest evidence for these unusual religious objects. We will also learn about archeological finds that do affirm the Bible and Christianity.
• Should We Be Proud of the Shroud (of Turin)?
• What’s Up with the Cup (The Holy Grail)?
• How Dear Is the Spear (of Longinus)? (Did Hitler have it?)
• Other Relics of Christ: Blood, and Tears, and Crown, Oh, My!
• How Many Times Has Noah’s Ark Been “Discovered”?
• Where Is the Real Mt. Sinai?
• Do You See What I Sea? Where Was the Red Sea Crossing?
• Where Is the Ark of the Covenant? (Indiana Jones didn’t find it.)
•Them Bones, Them Bones, Them Dry Bones: Where are the Apostles’ Bones?
Cost: No Cost
(This is a 9-week class)
Dr. Jim Wicker is the Director of Web-Based Education and Professor of New Testament at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He was a pastor for nineteen years prior to teaching at seminary. He is a deacon in our church, teaches The Wicker Sunday School class, and is teaching through the Epistle of Jude in the Wednesday Night Bible study in Truett Chapel.