This course is an analysis of the concept of worldview and a survey of the predominant worldviews. Topics discussed will include the central questions answered by worldviews (Apologetics), the impact of one’s worldview upon daily living (Evangelism), and the explanatory superiority of Christ-centered Christianity (Discipleship).
- How Your Christian Worldview Wins Over Other Whirled Views: A Biblical Worldview of Mere Christianity
- Nihilism/Atheism (Psalm 14:1-3)
- Naturalism/Materialism (1 Corinthians 2: 9-14)
- Existential Humanism and Theism (John 8: 25-32)
- Monism and Eastern Oriental Mysticism (I Corinthians 12:11-14)
- New Age/Postmodernism (2 Peter 2: 1-3)
- Deism (Philippians 2:2-13)
- Islamic Theism (John 14:6-7)
- How Your Christian Worldview Wins Over New Orthodoxy Theism
Cost: No Cost
(This is a 9-week class)
Dr. Solganick teaches Humanities courses in Philosophy and the History of Ideas at Scarborough College of the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary as Senior Professor. In addition, he is an Adjunct Professor at Criswell College and Dallas Baptist University. He has also taught Philosophy and English, both in the traditional undergraduate program in The School of Arts and Sciences, and as a Global Master Faculty in the School of Arts and Sciences division, at LeTourneau University, Longview, Texas. Previously, he was professor of English, Philosophy, Religious Studies, and coordinator of the Honors Capstone Program at Missouri College, St. Louis. Administratively, Dr. Solganick was a former Division Chair of Communications within the Dallas County Community College District and was the originating, founding Headmaster for Prestonwood Academy of Dallas.