A safe, confidential place where anyone can bring hurts, habits, and hang-ups into God’s marvelous light
Watch this video to meet people who have experienced freedom and a closer relationship with Christ through the ministry of Celebrate Recovery.
Wednesdays | 6:15pm | Lovvorn Hall on level 1 of the Worship Center
Free parking is available in the Horner Parking Garage. Park and walk across the sky bridge and take the escalator down to level 1 for Lovvorn Hall.
Call 214.969.2456 or contact for information.
Celebrate Recovery is:
- A Christian 12-step program where we state clearly that our Higher Power is Jesus Christ.
- Based on God’s Word – the 8 principles of CR are based on the Beatitudes – which is God’s road to recovery, wholeness, growth and spiritual maturity.
- Forward-looking – rather than wallowing in our past mistakes, CR focuses on the future. Regardless of what has already happened, the solution is to start making wise decisions now and to learn to depend on Christ’s power to help make those changes in your life.
- Emphasizes personal responsibility – instead of allowing people to play the game of victimization, CR helps people face up to their own poor choices and deal with what they can do to turn things around. We can’t control all that happens to us, but we can control how we respond to it. That is the secret of happiness.
- Emphasizes a spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ – the third principle calls for people to make a total surrender of their lives to Christ. Lasting recovery cannot happen without this step. Everybody needs Jesus.
- Utilizes the Biblical truth that we need each other in order to grow spiritually and emotionally – it is built around small group interaction, the fellowship of a caring community and is based on the New Testament principle that we don’t get well by ourselves. We need each other.
- Addresses all types of habits, hurts and hang-ups – most recovery groups deal with a single issue – like drugs or alcohol. CR is a large umbrella program under which a limitless number of issues can be addressed.
- A safe place where we see lives change in dramatic ways – each and every week. What is seen in the group, what is said in the group, what is heard in the group, stays in the group. No exceptions.
Campus map and parking
***Valet parking is only available on Sundays. Preferred parking for Celebrate Recovery participants is Horner Parking Garage.***