"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
The FBD Care Ministry exists to glorify God by training and equipping believers to provide quality spiritual care to persons within FBD and beyond. This will contribute to the spiritual health of the individual, as well as the overall health of the body of Christ we call First Baptist Church of Dallas.
Care Ministers are laypersons who receive training, supervision, and support to minister to the body of Christ. These individuals provide confidential, one-on-one, Christ-centered care focusing on the unique needs of each person– those who are ill, lonely, grieving, new to the area, new parents, or experiencing other stresses in life. They strive to provide Biblical guidance and support as you walk through your crisis.
Training Materials and Topics
Material: Biblical Counseling Keys…God's Truth for Today's Problems by June Hunt of Hope for the Heart in Plano, TX
Topics covered in training:
- Identity: Who Are You?
- Purpose In Life…Pinpointing Your Priorities
- Counseling...Biblical Hope with Practical Help
- Codependency...Balancing an Unbalanced Relationship
- Forgiveness...The Freedom to Let Go
- Habits...Success in Self-Control
- Evil & Suffering…Is God Fair?
- Victimization…Victory over the Victim Mentality
- Anger…Facing the Fire Within
- Rejection…Healing a Wounded Heart
Each training participant is encouraged to use what they have learned in their everyday patterns of life to impact their world for Christ.
Contact the Care Ministry at 214.969.2434 or